Gobble gobble gobble. This Thanksgiving we would like to take time to reflect upon those things that are blessings to us. We are thankful for our employees, distributors and customers. We want to thank all of you for your contributions and hard work. We want to thank our customers for coming back year after year. Happy Turkey Day from your friends at Vent-A-Hood (Snoopy and Charlie Brown, too).
Vent-A-Hood hosted its 2011 National Distributor Meeting in New Orleans last week, and there was plenty to celebrate. With custom hood orders up more than 102% across North America, it was clear that consumers are spending where it counts for quality, dependability, beauty and function. The top executives from 15 certified Vent-A-Hood distributors, who represent the brand to appliance dealers and designers across the U.S. and Canada, descended on the Windsor Court Hotel to learn the latest from the leadership team at Vent-A-Hood. And life in The Big Easy brought plenty of big news to the audience during their stay:
• The Vent-A-Hood display program has proven so successful, that the rebate program to assist in the growth of showroom space across the land will continue into 2012. In addition, the popular single, double and triple display units will also be available in a cherry cabinet finish (as well as the white finish) for dealers to best compliment their spaces.
• Sales were strong throughout 2011 with the introduction and embrace of Vent-A-Hood’s Build-A-Hood program, and the company announced plans to debut the next edition of the online tool. Coming soon, customers will be able to choose from more decorative accessories in the Build-A-Hood program to take their online custom hood designs to the next level.
• A new iPad app that showcases a third-party engineering sound test of Vent-A-Hood alongside competitors’ range hoods, drew the loudest applause for the quietest results! Complete with video and decibel display screen, people can hear for themselves the relative sound of Vent-A-Hood’s Magic Lung blower operating at capacity and compare that to the sound of hoods in operation from other manufacturers. Conducted and endorsed by Dallas Audio Post, Vent-A-Hood was the only hood measured in decibels to be below casual conversation level. That evidence was reaffirmed in a second third-party test of the same hoods by TEES (The Texas Engineering Experiment Station), measuring Vent-A-Hood the lowest range hood sound in sones. Yes, you can actually talk and cook at the same time with Vent-A-Hood.
• The success of the EZ Clean Tray was another hurrah that drew design applause for the ease of use being adopted by customers. And distributors can expect to see both the EZ Clean Tray and the iPad app being promoted in national trade advertising throughout 2012. Sample creative was attention-getting for the group.
• All the news was topped off by deserving congratulations to four distributors for their standout performances this year. Eastern Marketing Corp. and Pinnacle Express were each honored with the Display Placement Award, both posting the same record number of Vent-A-Hood displays installed throughout their territories. And Sancor, first place, and Meadow Creek Sales, second place, were honored with the Sales Achievement Award.
It was a lot of information to digest in one meeting. But a private dining room at the award-winning Arnaud’s restaurant in the French Quarter with a handpicked five-course dinner for attendees was just as tasty! Here’s to another great year ahead.
Technology is something that has greatly aided Vent-A-Hood over the years and as time goes on will continue to change our world from how we communicate to how you buy a Vent-A-Hood. We want to make sure that we are up to date with everything in the 21st century, with that in mind we would like to introduce our new Vent-A-Hood app. We are rolling in out this week, during our annual distributor meeting. The Vent-A-Hood application will be installed on all our iPad’s and will aide us in showing everyone the best our product has to offer. Technology has greatly aided Vent-A-Hood in the past with computer aided machines to punch out our hoods to our new iPad app that will take us in new directions. We are proud to introduce this new app to you and next time you see a Vent-A-Hood employee ask them to show it to you.